Friday, April 14, 2006

The Treasure Principle

One of my co-workers has passed out a little book to anyone who would take a copy like an old man passing out pieces of gum to children after church. It has sat on my shelf, waiting for the sleepless nights that have become my dancing partner as of late. The Treasure Principle: Discovering the Secret of Joyful Giving by local author Randy Alcorn is a treasure indeed!
This pocket-sized read is packed with a powerful punch. Through easy reading, direct points, and Scriptural foundations, Alcorn reveals a secret that may radically change the way you look at your possessions, generosity, and the gifts awaiting in heaven. The only downfall I can think of with this book is that it is one of those I kind of wish I never discovered - because what it says is right. That knowledge requires change in one's own life, and change can be uncomfortable at first, especially when it involves our bank accounts.

rating: *****

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason Hill said...

I was afraid of that. I was a recipient of one of these books as well and it is still waiting for me to crack the spine.

Perhaps it is time to grow.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home